Google Summer of Code
The Kubeflow community is delighted to be part of Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2020. Community mentors look forward to working with students on their GSoC projects.
Information for students
Welcome students! The Kubeflow community is delighted that you’re interested in a GSoc project with us. To get started:
- Read the Kubeflow GSoC project ideas and contact the mentors listed next to the project that you’re interested in.
- Join the Kubeflow Slack workspace then chat to the community in the #gsoc channel.
- See the community page for mailing lists, meetings, and other ways to connect with the Kubeflow community.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your project ideas before submitting a detailed project proposal.
- Prepare your project proposal based on the Kubeflow-specific template.
- When you’re ready, submit your draft project proposal on the GSoC site. Then be sure to submit your final project proposal before the deadline. See the GSoC guide and the GSoC timeline.
Information for mentors
Thanks to all mentors who’re interested in helping a GSoC student with their Kubeflow project.
To get started:
- Email email@example.com to indicate your interest in mentoring a student during GSoC.
- When you receive an invitation, follow the link in the email to register on the GSoC program site.
- Read the Google Summer of Code mentor guide and the roles and responsibilities to understand what is expected of you over the next 6 months.
- Bookmark the GSoC timeline and be prepared to take action in time for the milestones shown on the timeline, and to help your students meet the deadlines.
- Watch the 5 minute YouTube video: Being a Great GSoC Mentor. The video was shot with GSoC veteran org admins and mentors. It contains helpful information about the program and how to participate successfully at each step in GSoC.
- Read the Kubeflow GSoC project ideas and add your name next to the project that you want to mentor.
Start chatting to students:
- Join the #gsoc channel on Kubeflow Slack and connect with the interested students. Answer their questions and help them feel welcome.
- When you receive an invitation to join the Kubeflow mentors mailing list
firstname.lastname@example.org), follow the link to join the group and help students create their project proposals.
These are the Kubeflow mailing lists related to GSoC:
- email@example.com: The mentor mailing list for Kubeflow GSoC projects. Students can email this group to receive feedback on project proposals. Mentors and org administrators can use this group to discuss Kubeflow GSoC matters. Group members are Kubeflow GSoC mentors and org administrators. Messages are visible to sender, CCs, and group members.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: The organization administrator mailing list for Kubeflow’s participation in GSoC. Students and mentors can email this group to raise Kubeflow GSoC matters with the administrators. Group members are Kubeflow GSoC org administrators only. Messages are visible to sender, CCs, and group members.
- kubeflow-discuss: Kubeflow’s primarily mailing list and discussion group. See the community page for more information.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.