Overview of Deployment on an Existing Kubernetes Cluster
Instructions for installing Kubeflow on an existing Kubernetes cluster. Some cloud providers and Kubernetes distributions have Kubeflow specific instructions for getting the most out of their Kubernetes. If your existing Kubernetes cluster is from one of them, consider following those instructions.
Minimum system requirements
Your Kubernetes cluster must meet the following minimum requirements:
Your cluster must include at least one worker node with a minimum of:
- 4 CPU
- 50 GB storage
- 12 GB memory
The recommended Kubernetes version is 1.14. Kubeflow has been validated and tested on Kubernetes 1.14.
- Your cluster must run at least Kubernetes version 1.11.
- Older versions of Kubernetes may not be compatible with the latest Kubeflow versions. The following matrix provides information about compatibility between Kubeflow and Kubernetes versions.
|Kubernetes Versions||Kubeflow 0.4||Kubeflow 0.5||Kubeflow 0.6||Kubeflow 0.7||Kubeflow 1.0||Kubeflow 1.1|
|1.17||incompatible||incompatible||incompatible||incompatible||no known issues||no known issues|
|1.18||incompatible||incompatible||incompatible||incompatible||no known issues||no known issues|
- incompatible: the combination does not work at all
- compatible: all Kubeflow features have been tested and verified for the Kubernetes version
- no known issues: the combination has not been fully tested but there are no reported issues
Kubeflow deployment configuration
The following table lists the options for installing Kubeflow on an existing Kubernetes cluster and links to detailed instructions. These solutions are vendor-neutral and are governed by consensus within the Kubeflow community.
|kfctl_k8s_istio.yaml|| This config creates a vanilla deployment of Kubeflow with all its core components without any external dependencies. The deployment can be customized based on your environment needs.
Follow instructions: Kubeflow Deployment with kfctl_k8s_istio
|kfctl_istio_dex.yaml|| This config creates a Kubeflow deployment with all its core components, and uses Dex and Istio for vendor-neutral authentication.
Follow instructions: Multi-user, auth-enabled Kubeflow with kfctl_istio_dex
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.